By using our website and by placing orders you are agreeing to be legally bound by the following terms and conditions. You may not access our website, or use our website, or place orders, if you do not wish to be bound by said terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are related to sales made over the Phone, Internet and Emails with Woods Furniture. The contract we make online with you has these terms and conditions within it. This contract prevails over proposed terms and conditions suggested by you.
- We have a policy of development and therefore reserve the right, in relation to future sales, to adapt goods or products, without having to give notice. This includes making changes to either ornamental detailing or adjustments to sizes on items. Please call us or email us to ensure you know what exact sizes or ornamental detailing changes are, because minor adjustments may be made.
- Products displayed or advertised may differ from those supplied. Unless otherwise agreed with you, the product you are supplied with will be of equal appearance, functionality and value.
- The appearance of our furniture may vary as it is made from natural wood. Wood may mellow with exposure to sunlight and age. Our furniture is constructed using hand crafted techniques such as distressing. This is intentional and makes each item of furniture individual. The degrees of distressing which can be found on our genuine rustic designs include wood filling, knots, wood splits, antiquing, distress or scratch marks. Some filler will be used on oak furniture. This is a usual part of the process.
- Leather products may not be uniform as they are made from only the finest hides which may vary in colour or texture. The hides will show scars and natural marks.
- On certain occasions an item may require assembly at home, in order to protect them during carriage. Most products are sold fully assembled.
- We aim to show the colour of products displayed on our website as accurately as possible. We cannot guarantee 100% accuracy of the photographs or pictures, however. Monitor settings, batching and other conditions may affect the colours of the item in the picture.
- On the website you may occasionally see a clearance range, which is on a specifically marked section of the site. The items within this range will be from a discounted or clearance range of stock. This stock is however new and boxed. The items are sold as seconds. They may have scratches, knocks or other defects as they may have been over handled. The price for which they are put up for sale, has this taken into consideration.
- Most Woods Furniture product require no home assembly. Designers will however decide that some products will need a minimal home assembly. This will be to aid delivery or to avoid causing damage to the items. Any products which do require minimal home assembly will be identified as such and clearly described as needing this.
Woods Furniture accepts no liability for costs incurred by you through incorrect measurements or insufficient information supplied, or any minor alterations we make. If you wish to ensure you are fully aware of any alterations we may or may not have made, please call us or email us ahead of ordering.
- If you supply us with incomplete or incorrect information we will not accept liability for any resulting extra costs incurred. If we make minor alterations we will accept no liability for any costs incurred as a result. Please call or email ahead of ordering if you feel a small change in the size of the item will render the item not suited to your requirements.
- Please note that all and any dimensions specified by Woods Furniture are only approximate.
- Prices quoted include GST, if appropriate, at the current rate. All prices are subject to promotional discounts or offers.
- We will deliver the products to you on weekdays, to your home address. Should you live on the Urban New Zealand, the delivery charge will be given a quote according to the different locations across NZ by two man and one man deliveries we will contact you in advance to arrange a delivery date.
- Prices stated on the website are not transferable to sales elsewhere or through other means, they are only for online promotions and purchases.
- Prices of online promotion items are valid until midnight on the day the promotion expires.
- If we indicate to you that a price displayed was displayed in error, we will not honour said price.
- At the time the order is placed, you need to pay by credit, debit card or charge. The price of the product is the price at the time and date the order is made. You guarantee that the payment details you provide are correct. Woods Furniture reserves the right to secure validation of your details before placing an order.
- Payment must be made in full when the order is placed.
- The contract is deemed as complete when all of the following steps have been taken
- We receive a valid debit card payment or credit card charge
- your online order is accepted by us
- we send you confirmation of receipt of the order in the form of email
- the goods are dispatched to you.
- We have the right to refuse any orders placed by you.
- A consumer finance option may be available. Should you require this service please contact our customer services team..
- We have the right to cancel, any order until such time as we have sent the delivery confirmation email.
- If you have a permanent NZ urban address, we are able to deliver online orders to you. If you do not have this, we are unable to deliver online orders to you. We need to do a manual quotation for all RD address, please inquire through the phone at 09 579 9866 or e mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The date detailed in the confirmation email we send to you is the date we will aim to have your goods to you by. If the email did not contain a date we will do our best to have the goods to you according to the time scales on the products on your order.
- Any changes we or you make to an existing order will impact when it is delivered. The original confirmed delivery date may therefore not be attainable. If this is the case we will provide you with a new delivery date as quickly as is possible.
- The responsibility for providing a safe way to access the place of delivery from the public highway is yours. Should the delivery staff or carriers deem the route unsafe then they will refuse delivery until it is made safe. Items are usually delivered using a 7.5 tonne truck. Please ensure that your property is accessible.
If there is no safe way to access the property and we are therefore unable to deliver, we reserve the right to cancel your order and then to refund payments, subject to our policy on returns.
- The one and two man delivery service: Should you be unable to take the delivery on the arranged date, please inform the carrier service at least 48 hours in advance. This is so that another date can be arranged. On the new arranged date, return charges will apply if the carriers can then not access the place of delivery.
The parcel carrier service: If at the time of attempted delivery you are not available, a card with details of the delivery will be left at the place of delivery. It is then your responsibility to contact the carriers and arrange redelivery. If more than 48 hours is left the furniture may then be returned to Woods Furniture and return charges will apply to you. The return charge will also apply if on delivery there is no safe way to access the property.
- We are not liable to loss or damage due to delay due to unforeseen circumstances or reasonable delay, outside of Woods Furniture’ reasonable control. Carriers will not offer Saturday drops or timed drops.
- Should you receive an item as damaged, please call us so that we can put the problem right as soon as we can. Please call or email us rather than instruct a carrier to arrange to exchange the goods. It is essential that you inform us of the damage within 24 hours.
It is essential that we have proof of the damage in order to refund, exchange or facilitate allowance. This proof needs to be in photographic form. Please note: If an item is delivered via parcel service please inspect the external packaging for obvious signs of damage. Any signs of damage should be signed for as damaged at the time of the delivery. Failure to do so, may slow the exchange procedure.
- A mattress ‘only’ order will be dispatched by carrier within 14 working days.
- Should you choose to have items delivered to a third party carrier, we do not accept responsibility or liability for damage to the goods. When you use your own third party carrier, the risk involved in the forwarding delivery is your own.
- If you order multiple items, we will give you a dispatch date worked out based on the longest lead time. Should multiple orders be placed to be delivered to the same address, the items will be grouped and the dispatch date will again be worked out based on the longest lead time.
REFUNDS, RETURNS AND RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
We do not provide a refund for the reasons such as changing your mind after purchase or A return charges of 15% of the order value will apply if a customer cancels. However, if the goods are manufactured in faulty, you have 7 working days from delivery (the date on which you receive the items) in which to claim your order for replacement or repair. If you wish to do so, you need to email us within 7 working days from delivery. If any return or exchange accepted by us, they must be in the same condition as received. If the carriers or you open the box to look at the product, please ensure that you do not damage the packaging, box or the product. Please ensure that you re-package the items. All original packaging must be returned with the item.
We have a helpful and friendly customer service team on hand to help you with any matters of this nature. Our lines are open from 9:30am – 5pm, Monday to Saturday. If you prefer, please email us.
Returns and Refunds Enquiries:
If you have received an item which is faulty or damaged, call us or email us within 24 hours of finding out about the damage. We will need to see a few pictures of the damage, taken with a digital camera and then emailed to us.
Please wait to receive authorisation from us before returning an item. Said authorisation will be valid for 7 days from the delivery date of the item in question.
In order for a refund to be made, a full inspection of the item/items needs to be made by our Returns department, in order to check for correct product return and completeness. If we receive an item back as NEW and unused the full amount less the Re-Stocking charge will be refunded to you. This do not includes mattresses. On very rare occasions, you may find that doors or drawers are swollen due to extreme changes in climate.
Please do not refuse the item or return the item if this is so. Such swelling tends to reduce within 7 days. There will be rare occasions where the timber will not settle, in which case you will need to shave or sand a small amount from the side of the door or the bottom of the drawer front. A small amount of furniture wax will protect the furniture in the area where the adjustment has been made. Less than 0.5% of our items of furniture are affected by the process of timber movement. However, customers must be aware that you are purchasing natural wooden furniture when you buy from Woods Furniture and hence there is a small chance that timber movement may occur during shipping. Therefore, stiff doors or stiff drawers are not deemed as defective or faulty. You are purchasing our goods on the understanding that any simple adjustments deemed necessary by the unlikely event of timber movement will be undertaken by the customer and will be paid for by the customer.
In order to prevent any disputes from occurring please ensure that you go over these points with your local specialist.
If for any reason you are not able to facilitate collection of goods on the confirmed date which has been arranged, please inform the carriers at least one full working day ahead of the scheduled collection time. This is so that an alternative date can be arranged. Should the carriers be unable to access the items scheduled for return on the date agreed, return charges will be applied to the customer.
- After the 7 day return period has expired, we are unable to accept any items purchased which have been returned unless they are faulty.
- In the unlikely event that we deliver damaged or incorrect goods to you, or if you find a defect in the goods for which you need to be compensated, please inform us within 7 days of the date that you receive the goods. Please either call or email us. Please ensure to keep the items in sellable condition and keep the packaging in the same condition that it was provided in.
If we find it impractical to offer to you a replacement, a redelivery, or a re-selection of any faulty or damaged items, Woods Furniture reserves the right to offer to the customer an allowance. This allowance is against a repair or refund. If you return a non-faulty item, we will charge you for the return. Please see return charges for information.
- Should the customer or a third party attempt to carry out repairs on the goods, we will not be liable for the resulting loss or damage.
- If an alternative carrier service is used (outside of Woods Furniture` normal service) and paid for by the customer, the refund will not include the delivery charge.
- If you decide to cancel the order after it has been dispatched, but we have been unable to deliver the item due to events beyond our control (including floods, Acts of God, or weather conditions), the customer will remain liable for the return delivery charge.
GUARANTEES AND CLAIMS UNDER GUARANTEE
- Warranty Woods guarantees to repair or replace any product with a manufacturing or material defect of Wooden Furniture and structure of aluminium outdoor furniture for a period of two years and one year for the outdoor rattan wicker from date of purchase. This is provided that the defect is not a result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. The warranty does not cover products used for commercial purposes.
- Care & Maintenance Woods takes great care to manufacturing high quality furniture. Just a little care and attention is needed to keep them looking their best. When choosing your furniture, please be aware of the environment it will be used in. Direct sunlight, heat sources, pets, humidity, etc. can all affect the performance and longevity of furniture. Selecting the right materials for the right setting will ensure yours is up to the challenge.
In General Common sense goes a long way. Lift furniture, don’t drag it. Avoid unnecessary sun exposure. Don’t sit on the arms or back of lounge suites or tip back on dining chairs. Use floor protectors on the underneath of furniture (e.g. tables and chairs) to minimise floor marking. Use coasters and placemats to protect surfaces from heat and moisture, water or any chemical products
a. Fabric Vacuum fabrics on a weekly basis using a soft brush nozzle to remove dust and dirt that can act as abrasives on the fabric fibres. Treat spills and stains as soon as possible and follow the upholstery care instructions label attached to the furniture. Contact a specialist fabric cleaner for professional cleaning when needed. Protect fabric from direct sunlight to prevent colour fading.b. Polyurethane (PU) Fabric As with fabric and leather dust PU regularly with a soft cloth. Wipe up spills immediately by blotting with a cloth. If needed dampen a cloth with a weak solution of mild soap, liquid hand wash or fabric soap. Wipe down the surface and then dry. DO NOT use detergent or other cleaners. Protect from sunlight and direct heat sources.
c. Outdoor Cushions Where possible rotate and plump loose fill cushions (fibre fill, kapok, down, foam chip etc.) regularly for even wear. It is normal for cushion fillings to settle and seat foams to soften over time. Loose covers are designed for a relaxed look and feel, and therefore it is natural for there to be some movement. Scatter cushion inserts can be invigorated by laying them out in the sun to air. Make sure to use the Rain/UV cover for protection of your outdoor furniture and cushion fabrics, as the rain and UV can cause any fabric seriously colour faded!
d. Outdoor PE Rattan Wicker Although synthetic rattan materiel is designed for using under outdoor environment, but they still need your good care of it. The PE Rattan Wicker is made of plastic material, which can be melted under a certain degree of temperature. Under the NZ special UV environment, The direct sunlight on metal material can be over 100 degrees in the hot summer time, which is hot enough to break the PE rattan, so we strongly recommend the outdoor furniture not to be positioned under the direct sun lighting during the summer time for over few months, it is always good to be positioned under a garden shade or use a cover when not in use.
d. Timber Regularly wipe down timber with a damp cloth to remove dust and dirt and towel dry. Our timber care products are highly recommended on wax or lacquer finished timber. Do not wet down or leave spills to sit on timber surfaces. Avoid contact with liquids, heat and any chemical products. Abrasive cleaning products are not recommended. Keep out of direct or reflective sunlight. If furniture is in direct sunlight timber will gradually change colour; move items like vases around to prevent marks developing.
e. Lacquer Wipe up spills with a damp dry cloth straight away, any chemical cleaning liquids are strictly prohibited. When cleaning make sure to use a non-abrasive cloth. Do not rub at the surface as this can cause scratching. Only use a our recommended cleaning and waxing products for maintenance and protection purpose.
If you receive an incorrect or defective item, we will arrange its replacement or repair, free of charge. If a replacement is not available, or if circumstances are such that a replacement is not practical, the item will be replaced with a part that is the closest match to it. Alternatively, an allowance may be made in order for the customer to have a local repair carried out. We will send out a technician to repair any furniture where the customer claims that there is a merchandising issue. Technicians chosen are experts and can therefore identify the origin of any issues. We therefore reserve the right to ensure that a technician chosen by us to repair the item. This is to ensure that the customer has goods which are ultimately fit for their purpose. We are not liable for any indirect or direct loss of profits, or any other type of financial damage or loss which arises from damaged, wrongly delivered or defective products over and above the value of the items in question. This does not affect your statutory rights.
SITE CONTENT AND DISCLAIMERS
- We make every effort to ensure that our website is completely accurate. Some details or prices shown on the website, however, may change. Errors may occur. We will endeavour to rectify any errors. We cannot be held responsible for any losses which are incurred by the errors.
- We exclude all warranties, either implied or expressed, regarding the accuracy of the information on our website or any associated materials, to the maximum extent legally allowed. We do not accept liability for the content of any material placed or contained on the website, nor for the result of any reliance or use of any information on our website.
- This site is owned and operated by Pacific Furnishings Ltd T/A Woods Furniture.